Sinna Dorai Bungalows are a part of the Murugappa Group. Resident in Pallathur, in the erstwhile Ramnad District of the Madras Presidency, the Murugapa family carried on their traditional calling of trade, commerce, and banking in Burma and parts of Southeast Asia. When the Second World War impacted the region, the family moved its investments back to India. They acquired a rubber plantation in Travancore in 1942 and Kadamane in 1968. The Valparai and Mango Range properties of the English and Scottish Wholesale C Operative Society, were acquired in 1982. For over a decade now, guests have been frequenting these properties for a taste of authentic plantation life.
The Nature Conservation Foundation has field stations in Valparai and Kadamane.
We support field research done by organizations like the National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB).
We follow sustainable practices to ensure our work leaves a positive impact on communities and nature.